On Monday I start the PhD course. I feel like I'm preparing a bunker.... I've done most the reading for the course, stocked my fridge and cupboards (in case I'm too tired to get groceries this month - a distinct possibility), paid bills, and done some cleaning and errands. Hopefully, most my focus can go towards the course. It would almost be nice to have someone around to help out with stuff this month; on the other hand, having quiet when I'm home will be an asset.
People take energy - talking, even being on the phone can be draining when I'm having a sick/crash day.
A recent study I read found that for people with M.E./CFS, any activity could cause a crash... it didn't matter if it was perceived as a positive (fun, social, celebration) or a negative one. However, even though some activities drain me physically, sometimes I need to feed my soul - go for a walk in the woods, socialize with friends, whatever. It may cause a crash, but at the same time, enjoyable activities make me happy and help sustain me which I can't help but think is healthy (crash or no crash).
No comments:
Post a Comment