To top it off, it makes no sense?
I had an event I've been wanting to attend for a month - a friend's dissertation defence and celebration. So I planned way ahead. I spent the 3 or 4 days beforehand mostly in bed. My one roommate switched a shift so she could attend the events as well, but also drive me.
The defence was a 1-1/2 to 2 hour event in the morning. Then I rested for the rest of the day and we went for 2 hours of the evening social/dinner.
Not that I was feeling fantastic, but I wasn't completely miserable either (for a change).
The next day I wasn't too badly, however, often my real crash comes 36-40 hours later. But 48 hours went by and still no crash??? What? I haven't "gotten away" with anything in 6 months.
And now it's 5 days later and still no crash? To top it off, I've been on (albeit) very short outings the last two days!!! I went and rented some movies yesterday all on my own! I feel a little ridiculous to celebrate such a simple task, however, it's been SO SO long since I could manage an outing without either help, tears, misery, an awful crash (or a combination of all four).
The things that are going on in my head at present besides "wow, I'm loving this!":
1. Enjoy it while it's here and don't think about it.
2. Enjoy it but still be careful because this is when you always over do it and end up back in a crash.
3. What did I do right, if anything?? There is no rhyme or reason for these good days.
4. I want to figure it out so I can keep the good days coming.
5. Should I go back on my plan to take a medical leave? Maybe I can handle doing some work on the PhD from home this winter afterall?
Here are some of the reasons I may be doing well:
Anyways, it's fun to share some good health news for a change :)
So so happy for your good days here, upnorth. Savor them! And maybe just maybe they will stick around :) Yahoo! It is a blessing when we are allowed to feel a taste of normal...just a taste!
ReplyDeleteHi Upnorth, for me it would be the decrease in social stress, even social interaction, with your roomate away. The more isolated I live, the better (relatively) I am, if I also don't move around much. Your blog helps me a lot, I'll try and comment more. I've had CFS/ME a long time. Like most of us I really can't remember what it's like to 'live' an entire day. Leah
ReplyDelete