Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Monday, December 1, 2014

How I Spend My Days...

I want to write a post, but really have nothing new to tell or report.

So I'll share how I spend my days:

9-10 a.m. Wake up, make coffee and feed the dog, go back to bed with coffee, check emails…chill

10:30-12: This is my best time of day, so I work in bed on my PhD stuff.  Right now, listening to my 16 interviews and starting to draw out themes and ideas. I try to work an hour a day, sometimes 2.

12:00: Bathe or shower if I have energy, get dressed...perhaps do the dishes…eat

12:30-1 or 2: If it's a good day, some art sitting up. Very occasionally, an errand. Maybe go to the back yard and fill the bird feeder.

2- 5 p.m.: Back in bed.  My sickest time of day. Read, rest, surf online. If it's a decent day I'll get up for a few minutes here or there to do a little task.

5 p.m.: Do some dinner prep if I'm up for it.

5:30 - 10 p.m.: Move to the couch for TV watching and eating, maybe Skype chat with a friend.

10:00 - 11:00 p.m.: Back in bed, read, fall asleep.

On a bad day, I spend less than half an hour without my feet elevated.  On a good day, maybe 2 hrs, tops 3 hours not laying down or on couch with feet up.

Wow, seeing it listed like this makes me realise how little I do!

Due to side effects, I'm back to a 1/2 dose of Florinef, which does nothing for me.  I've been very tachycardic this week, with major POTS symptoms.  We'll see if my cardiologist is any help when i see him tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect post. I haven't felt like writing lately - good days I want to try and enjoy like normal and the bad days i just want to wait til tomorrow…often seems that's what we all do wait for tomorrow. People think we have so much time but really we have very little time when it all is so exhausting. I was able to go to the pool on Saturday…how do you explain that it took 5 hours to get to a minute car ride away for 15 minutes in the water and then two days of recovery….but those 15 minutes - heaven. Thanks for sharing Gail…understand completely.

    ReplyDelete