Having a nasty cold with M.E., then barely sleeping for night after night, is no picnic. I feel today (maybe?) I've turned a corner. I slept a little at least. And the cold seems to have eased a bit, although I now have a cough. I woke last night at 3am and my face was sopping wet from tears, my sinuses were letting loose.
I feel like my body is fighting hard right now, and I'm pretty wiped out. And the only time I've been out of the house in over a week is a 10 min trip to the bank a few blocks away (I drove).
I'm laying in bed, drinking tea, with the dog beside me on her back, legs splayed and comfortable. She is great company. Unfortunately she's been having some eye issues and we have to make another trip to the vet in the next week or so for a test…I may have to beg, borrow and steal (literally) to come up with the funds.
At one point I thought a great charity to start would be a fund for companion pets for the ill. That way, if you made almost no money due to a disability and/or illness, you wouldn't have to fore go the company of a companion animal.
I don't know how I'd survive so much time alone and ill if it weren't for the company of my dog. But when my last dog died, I couldn't even afford to have her cremated, and with this dog, it looks like she may have a genetic eye disease meaning more $$$ for her care, money that I don't have.
On to nicer things, I spent a month and a half on a print. It's a triptych of chickadees in some birch trees with either a snowy hill in the background, or the shoreline of a snowy lake. After all that work (I'm not done yet either), I got something that's just Okay. I was hoping I'd just love it, and the proofs got me hopeful. But that's how it goes with art. And I won't be doing any for at least a few months while I try to tackle my dissertation this winter.
Dogs are some of the best friends around. No judgment, unconditional love, happy to do anything or nothing as long as they are by your side. Fingers crossed her eye issue is an easy (and inexpensive) fix. Keep us posted. ~TC
ReplyDeleteThank TC, I'll keep you updated. As you know, vet stuff can be daunting.
DeleteReading your last post I was thinking that we live in an undiscovered sub culture, unknown to the outside world, where a major question of the day, sometimes week !!! is do I have the energy to take a shower today ? Can I read while I lay down or maybe I better do nothing ?
ReplyDeleteI know you want to protect your online privacy but if there's some way I'd send you $10 to help with your vet appointments.
love,
Leah
Oh you are so sweet to offer Leah. My parents did offer to help if I get desperate. Cross your fingers it's nothing like a surgery. I hope you are doing awap these days?
Delete