I love fall/autumn. And why does the sky look so much bluer in the fall? There must be a reason.
I am still away visiting, although the friends I'm staying with are away. I have their dog and my dog and an empty house. Thankfully, they have dog walkers set up for all the days I'm here. Which is an added bonus for my dog who lately only gets one or two walks a week.
I did make it to the wedding ceremony on Saturday, but unfortunately I was very ill that day and it was a herculean effort to go, even for a short stint. I sat in the back and really enjoyed being there. I was right by an open window and it was raining. The fall colours are peaking here and I was watching and listening to the rain and the breeze and enjoying the colourful leaves through the window. It was such a happy, positive, occasion, and I feel glad I made it even for a short bit despite feeling so ill.
As soon as it was over, my friend drove me back here. I was dizzy, lightheaded, and hot (maybe a fever?). I spent the evening laying on the couch and tried not to think about the dinner or reception I was missing. At least I got to go for 45 min right? Unfortunately I barely talked to anyone as I was dizzy and anxious to leave, so I only got the one "You look great, you must be feeling well!"
I am quite ill and weak still, and until this morning, that was the only out-of-the-house outing I've managed since I got here almost a week ago.
This morning I got up and felt relatively OK, so I took the dogs to the lake down the hill and threw sticks and balls in the water and took some photos of the fall colours. (Also, I'm including some from the drive here a week ago). I wish I were well enough to visit old friends and enjoy this amazing beautiful time of year and weather, but I am so heavy and weak and sick.
On the positive side, I have laid in the hammock out back a lot and tried to enjoy the weather that way, which is better than nothing. It's much quieter here than at home where my house is on a fairly busy street.
I'm sharing some photos, I hope to get more if I'm able to get out again.
Absolutely gorgeous photos, Gail!!! Just beautiful - what a lovely place to be visiting. Sorry you are still doing so poorly but it's great that you've been able to lie in the hammock and enjoy the beautiful colors - just being outside makes me feel better - my son and I were just talking about that today. He is home sick and I took him to the doctor in my old VW with the top down, and he said the fresh air and sunshine really helped.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you were able to at least attend the ceremony and that you are feeling positive about that - it was a huge acomplishment and I'm sure your friends appreciated it!
Everything here is still mostly green - just a few flashes of color here and there, as you might have seen in my kayaking pics this weekend...so I am enjoying your fall colors! And when yours are gone, I will post pics of ours, so that our favorite season will last longer for us both!
Sue
Live with CFS
It's a deal Sue! Photos for me when things get grey and dreary here....and in the mean time I'll get lots of nice ones so you can have a pre-autumn.
DeleteBeautiful pictures upnorth....so glad you were able to at least go to the ceremony. And getting outside in the fall--wonderful! Wishing you better days, upnorth.
ReplyDeleteRight, Renee, I keep making myself go out at least into the yard because I KNOW it won't last. Winter is much too close.
DeleteBeautiful photos! You live in such a lovely place. Glad you got to get out some, though I'm sorry you haven't been doing well lately. Hope you are feeling better soon. xoxo
ReplyDeleteLaurel, you are right, I am so lucky to be somewhere so amazingly beautiful (although I think the same when I see your photos). Hope you are doing alright these days. I know I'm lucky in what I do manage to do, but as you well know, the daily drudge of constant sickness is really really tough to bear sometimes.
Deletegorgeous photos! last week i went to lake to see the nature for one hour trip, i got over it fine, but this week, on monday i went there again for 2.5 hours. "punishment" came as "promised"!
ReplyDeletehope you feel better soon.
.
Sorry you had a crash from your trip out Yun Yi. It can be so frustrating to be punished from the good experiences.
DeleteAbsolutely beautiful photos, Gail. That's one thing I really miss about living in that area....the gorgeous colours of the fall. Thanks for posting and sharing yours. Glad you were able to get to the wedding ceremony even though you were unable to stay for the rest.
ReplyDeleteWell Linda, I'm only 3 hrs from home and there are so many more REDS than home which is amazing. I'm Guessing you mostly have conifers, but aspens and birch? Where I live they do get yellow and pretty and also the red oiser.
DeleteYup...pretty much all conifers here and where I am located there are no Birch trees. We have three maple trees in our yard that were obviously planted by the previous owner because they look very out of place. They are the only three maple trees I know of in the whole area lol. I do get some nice colour from them, but when I look out over the hill sides, I see only green with a bit of brownish yellow.
DeleteGlad you managed to get to the wedding ceremony and enjoyed it but sorry to hear you were very ill that day and left after a short time.
ReplyDeleteAutumn is a lovely time as you see the colours change all around you and the leaves falling off the trees etc but I'm not a fan of winter. I'm still debating whether or not the heating should be on in our home as the chills are in the air.
Loved the photos and that place looks really beautiful.
Thanks Rum-Punch, I love taking photos when I can, esp. nature. I know what you mean about the cold. I feel like I'm ALWAYS cold. I used to love winter, now it's much harder as I can't really get out and enjoy it in the same way.
DeleteHi Upnorth I just want to share this quote with you and hope it lifts you up a little bit:
ReplyDelete"...I'd say that people who are sick tend to be more positive as they know they have to be that way to live better as they are tortured by the illness itself. They do not want to be bothered by any negative thoughts to further impact their quality of life."
--- by 天边的蔷薇
this is the discussion from a Chinese forums. i thought what she said was spot on. many people around me often try to convince me how positive they were, but i found i am way more positive than they are.
I really like that Yun Yi. It is true, I think that because we endure daily ongoing suffering, in some ways we are able to hone in on the small positive things better. To be honest, I am dealing with a bit of a depression, though, having been so ill the last month. I feel really dragged down physically and mentally and so alone. I'm so glad I have my online support and understanding.
DeleteI am missing Fall being here in Phoenix...thank you so much for the photos. xo hd
ReplyDelete