First, I want to say I don't think the 'comments' are working which is quite frustrating. I can't reply to comments you post even as anonymous. I've monkeyed with the settings and everything seems to be fine so I am not sure how to fix this issue. If you don't mind, try leaving a comment and we'll see if it will post. I might switch my blog to another venue if this keeps up.
My dad's health situation has gotten a whole lot worse. He is in congestive heart failure. It's still almost two weeks until his appointment at the cardiac centre so last week we ended up back in emergency for an entire day just to get help with a medication change. It's so hard to watch him suffer like this. I'm over there more than I have been since he moved (thank goodness it's only a few blocks away).
My own health (surprise surprise) isn't great. Although to be fair I'm writing this while crashed having gone to my friend's/roommate's concert last night. I was having an energy moment and just thought - I'm doing it. Since finishing my contract last week I've barely done a single fun time-off type of thing between my dad's medical and mine.
I had another iron infusion last week (my 3rd of 6) and for some reason the IV caused me a lot of pain this time. I even had to have them end the session early. I didn't want to get a reputation as pain sensitive or a complainer but it was so painful! I managed to hold my tears back until I left the ward - burning pain all the way up my arm. My arm still hurts two days later (Dr. google has informed me it's peripheral phlebitis) but it's almost better thank goodness.
I am so sick of being sick. And I am not being careful. As soon as I get a good moment I go out and spend my spoons. I also push through ALL THE TIME to do things with my dad including helping him with daily care. What I'd really like is a vacation.
Hope this comment works...you just don't need anymore frustration! I wish we could go on vacation...and a very long one at that! It's all too much!
ReplyDelete