Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

It's Over

Well one big thing in my life is now over.  My seven year very part-time journey to complete a PhD.  I defended my dissertation on Monday and passed…so outside of a little paper work (and a tuition payment) I am done with being an academic student forever.

Does it feel good? Well obviously it's a huge relief to be done.  It's still a little surreal.
Mostly I'm just feeling crashed (sick) and exhausted.  But definitly relieved.  No more tuition or medical leaves or accomodations to figure out, no more need to read more articles, no dissertation to write or edit.

I'm hoping in the next few months to find a little very part-time employment (from home?) to replace the time and energy (about an hour to an hour and a half a day) that went into my studies.

2 comments:

  1. What an accomplishment. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Always a bit of let down when such a journey is finally wrapped! Well done…just well well done!

    ReplyDelete