Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tough Week

It's been a tough couple weeks.  I may have overdone it two or three weeks ago when the weather first got nice.  I actually managed to "black out" in the garden 5 times in one short session.  I didn't fully pass out, just lost 100% vision briefly with the head rushes. Definitely POTS/OI which comes and goes in severity.

On my Birthday last week, I had the sickest Birthday I can ever remember.  My main event of the day was talking with one of my best friends on the phone, we hadn't connected in a while, so it was a nice birthday treat.

The rest of the day I lay in bed or on the couch praying that the crash would end ASAP.  I did feel well enough to celebrate with a campfire in the backyard the next night - it was low key and perfect….and GF chocolate cake, I love chocolate.  Then I had another horrible horrible day where every bone, muscle, and cell in my body felt poisoned, weak and depleted (M.E. crash).  It has continued like this, a couple OK days, a couple horrible days.  I can't tie it all to overdoing it activity wise just because I've been taking it pretty slow and easy all week.

Two summers ago low ferritin and digestive issues led to mild anemia, so I'm going to get that checked.  The nearest appointment I could get with my NP is a MONTH away, jeez!!! Can you believe that? They suggested a walk-in clinic but there is no way I am going to waste 1/2 day sitting in some room with a bunch of sick people.  It's not worth the crash and exposure for the off-chance I have anemia.  I'm already treating myself for chronic iron deficiency either way.

I've been home bound now 8 days straight, but it's not near as bad as being home bound in the winter, just because I can still sit and lay outdoors and we have had some beautiful days here.  Sunny and warm with a cool breeze, my favourite.  Small, but important blessings.


3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear it, and this is such a tough condition to endure!

    Have you ever tried ginger tea? It completely changed my anemia! One of parents of my students who is researcher in Duke Univ. highly recommended to me. He said their study showed that ginger help our body to produce blood (or blood cell, i don't remember). I started to drink it every morning since Feb, and my health started to take fundamental turn! Fresh sliced ginger boiling with water for 15 or 20 minutes. Drink in the morning. I found the trick is, if you feel good, drink it more, maybe a few couple, like you drink tea or coffee, but if you don't feel good, stop it. And do not drink it during evening!

    If this doesn't sound right to you, please feel free to ignore. I won't feel offended, as I know how different we are. I just cannot keep my month shut, especially when I see people suffering!

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. edit: if you feel good, drink more, maybe a few cups more, like you drink tea or coffee...

      Delete
    2. I just cannot keep my mouth shut.. lord, i am quite muddled headed today. lol

      Delete