For one, together with a friend who also has this illness, we have committed to trying to stretch daily-even if it's in bed. We check-in with each other to make sure we are sticking to it. We were both talking about how deconditioned we are due to this illness and the possible long-term effects.
I have not been stretching every day, however, I think 4 or 5 times a week is a more realistic goal and I hope I can stick with it.
Unfortunately the last two weeks have seen a huge drop in my PhD focused hours. I am hoping to get back on my daily work schedule (one to two hours a day) this week.
I think it is easy, when you are on disability and feeling sick every day, to stop trying to do anything. A counsellor I saw last week gave me a resource which is just excellent. It has some step-by-step ideas of creating as much of a fulfilling life as possible despite chronic illness. Evidently, it is very common for people with chronic conditions to withdraw from society, from life....of course often with good reason.
I thought the tips were very realistic...I will post the webiste/resource at some point.
It has continued to be winter here. We have more snow expected this week too. I don't really mind. I'm not a fan of the post winter brown slop....I wish we could skip that all together.
| From the back window |
I have been doing too much this past week and hope that is the reason I feel just so ill and weak all the time. I think this coming week, I am going to try to forgo any outings and just give myself a lot of rest.
I wanted to encourage those who can, to vote for the National ME/FM network on this site http://www.sharethebounty.ca/index.php
They are doing very well and have a chance to earn some money. It's also easy, you don't have to have a facebook account or anything like that.
That's my news for now,
I hope you are all doing as well as possible.
stretch is great! it helps blood circulation without taking too much energy. it helps me big deal because i have heart issue. walking, cycling all require my certain heart condition, but stretch seem to require nothing but give me lots of benefit.
ReplyDeletejust want to share with you: i found masonite board as substitute for woodblock. it seems ok, super cheap (i got it from Lowes).
I think your stretching sounds good...they have yoga to do in bed too that may be helpful. I was so so reconditioned and also living in isolation that my journey back is a long process even with the bugs gone. Look forward to hearing what the counselor says about living a full life inspire of.....
ReplyDeleteDid I mention yet this week?
ReplyDeleteI
Want
That
Dog.
jenji