Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Sunday, February 10, 2013

It travels with you

Well I'm still having a nice restful and enjoyable time visiting friends.  One of my friends had her sled dogs here last night after a race and this morning they howled that ethereal chorus.....so primal and haunting.  It had been so long since I'd heard a sled dog choir.  Awesome.

Despite enjoying things overall, it was a much sicker week this week M.E.wise.  A reminder that when you have a chronic illness, it travels with you....hence the "chronic" I guess.  There is no escaping.  There is no escape.

I am so beyond tired today I don't want to move.  I want to sink into the mattress and never return.  I am achy and not the least bit hungry.  It hurts to breathe, my throat is raw.  I'm snuggling with the dog, hoping this day ends sooner rather than later.

There is supposed to be a storm headed our way within the next couple hours.  What better way to enjoy a snowstorm than from a warm comfortable bed right?  I'm trying to be positive, look at the bright side...not let this sick day, this drained of all energy feeling, suck me into emotional darkness.

That's my story today.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Upnorth, Well, I've never heard a sled dog choir, that is something !! I sure hope you are feeling better tomorrow and that you managed to get a good night's sleep. We have to be so vigilant, as you said there's no escape. Some nights even getting to the bathroom is a journey in itself !! But so great that you are seeing your friends. From Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to see friends and enjoy familiar places and sounds too.rest in your memories, up north....

    ReplyDelete