| My favourite city park...the creek is high today |
I have had my best couple days in maybe six months. After a depressing and infuriating appointment with a Gastroenterologist, I didn't think things could get much worse. But for the most part, I put it out of my head and moved on. I will never see him again. Decision made.
| Signs of recent rain |
It's been a spring-like week in Northern Ontario. I live on the very edge of the boreal forest - the most extensive forest zone in Canada. Spring here often seems very short. It can be snowy and cold, and seemingly the next day, we have moved onto summer. But the last few days the tulips have bloomed in the front of the house, and some of the bushes are covered in little leaves, just on the verge of bursting open.
| Marsh Marigolds almost in bloom |
Yesterday, my housemates were working on smashing an old concrete pad in the backyard (next week is free dump week). I spent up to 2 hours outside, getting my pea patch ready. Peas are one of my favourite veggies but the birds wreck havoc with my garden, so I built a little plot with bird netting covering it and planted my peas.
For a lot of the time I just sat in the dirt while the dog chewed a stick near by. But it was so temperate out and pleasant. And best of all, the fluiness of M.E. has eased up the last few days giving my body (and brain - just coping) a break. It's been so amazing to feel less sick for a couple days in a row. I've found myself feeling happy and content! I'd forgotten.
So today I went to the nearby creek with my camera (and the dog) to enjoy some signs of spring. I'm posting some photos of the outing. The dog was exuding joy - swimming, running, and smelling the smells. I spent quite a lot of time just sitting by the creek which was moving fast after recent rains. I noticed little signs of spring everywhere.
| spontaneous joy |
I am so amazed how happy I can feel when I'm not having to deal with constant feelings of fluiness, heaviness, weakness, and fatigue. So there are good days!!! Hopefully more to come this summer.
Hurray!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you are feeling better and able to be outside, enjoying the spring!
I loved your pictures - very different from what it looks like here right now! We are now in full green/bloom everywhere - it was 80 and humid today.
I hope this good period continues for you - celebrate life!
Thinking of you -
Sue
This is great news, Upnorth!! I love early spring too. April saw very nice days and warm temps (18* - 22* C) but this past week has been cool (with snow flurries...eeekk...but while the ground was covered in the morning, they were gone by afternoon with the sun shining brightly).
ReplyDeleteLoved seeing your pictures.
Oh...and your decision to not see that Dr. again, a good one I think ;)
Wonderful!! So glad you were able to get out and enjoy spring. Our hot and humid days are exceptional this year already, but we go back to normal temps next week. Not seeing that doctor again sounds like a good way to nourish yourself! :) If they don't get it and don't want to, they are not for us! Again, I am so glad you were able to get out and have a couple of days without the heaviness of ME on you. I know that feeling...ugh....Better days ahead!!!!!
ReplyDeletethis is wonderful! your photos are beautiful!
ReplyDelete