I was just thinking that when I have almost no energy, and little things (like a bath, getting dressed, making a smoothie) take so much energy, that my days sometimes feel much fuller than they are.
I spend a lot of time resting from little tasks, and I also have scheduled rests throughout the day (11:30am, 2pm, 4pm, 7pm) even though I'm laying down most the time anyways. Sometimes I delude myself into thinking I'm quite busy!
After 2 of the best days in what seems like a year, I'm back to feeling pretty crap constantly. Monday night I did go out to a little dog class with my friend J., but by the time I got home, I couldn't swallow my throat was so sore. I thought I was getting strept. But after a good night sleep the pain was back down....just M.E. So I've just been resting up from that....for two days (but it was very fun).
And what the heck, anyways? How can being tired cause a sore throat and my glands to swell up? Seriously! I know that this is a very common symptom, but how, physiologically, can my immune system react so severely to minor activity that my glands swell? It makes about as much sense as the rest of this illness.
Do you ever wish you could quit? Like quitting a job (which I only did once), or an activity. Sometimes I think, "I quit", "I"m done being sick!"....my body seems to have other ideas.
Hi Upnorth
ReplyDeleteOh yes.....I really wish I could quit too. Sometimes, I think even a break would be nice (even a day, free of pain and other symptoms). But my body ... like yours... seems to have other ideas.
I too am in the middle of something...sore throat, swollen glands and so much pain. Blech...
I am right with you upnorth...why the swollen glands, sore throat and pain increases and what is up with me feeling horrible all day and then like magic waking up more after supper each night? I wish I could quit at times too. So sorry you are back to feeling awful again. Sure glad you had a couple of better days though. I like your title here....So busy doing nothing! Isn't it the truth!!
ReplyDelete