Just another quick update.
I am still paying (I think) for going out twice last week despite being really sick. Perhaps I'm still paying for the picnic the week before, too.
I just spent 5 days almost completely in bed. I got up for little things and a couple meals, but simple tasks have me easily fatigued so then it's right back to bed to recover. I was able to cook a meal last night sitting on my stool, but took frequent breaks to lay down during the process. And of course it's not just extreme fatigue and weakness...there's also the flu like viral aspect.
I've been feeling so terrible, I even considered going to the hospital this week - can you believe it? However, there was nothing "acute" enough to put myself through the outing and waiting etc...
Finally today after 5 crashed days, I had a tad more energy and felt less fluey when I woke.
I decided to shower as I haven't felt up to it the last few days. But that was it - the shower flattened me....it's just amazing to me that something as simple as a shower can have me so exhausted.
However, that hour of reprieve pre-shower gave me hope that a few more days in bed might improve me.
I really wanted to try for a short walk today. I just can't help but think that despite being so sick, that I should still try to "move" a few times a day.
On top of it all, can you believe we have guests? My roommate's folks are here. It's probably about the worst week for having guests given how sick and non-functional I am. Five people in this tiny house. At least they're not my folks so I don't feel obligated to entertain....OK back to bed for me.
Sorry if I'm not caught up on blogs....once I'm rested or improved I will.
Mindless surfing, a little reading (fiction) and resting seem to be my main activities for now.
I also have my little yellow roommate (dog) checking in on me often. For part of the day she snuggles in with me while I read or rest.
Sorry it continues on for you, but it is good news you had a tad bit more energy...too bad you had to use it up on a shower. Your roommate sounds like a good friend. Hang in there! Look at how well Dominique is doing! You will get there again...rest rest and rest some more...the day will come when nyou can walk and camp again!
ReplyDeleteThank you for having me first of all. I know CFS to be an ugly non relenting two headed monster. Either you think you feel good and push to hard or you don't feel good at all and you push anyway even if only a tiny bit. It's never ending so we all make our peace the best we can.
ReplyDeleteI look forward to getting to know you. Gentle hugs. Tammy
I'm so sorry you are still fighting the crash. I'm glad you are seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there. I wish I could just mail you energy and you would be good to go but the only way our bodies seem to be able to come back is by resting.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are doing that.
Hugs.
Thanks for dropping by Tammy, good to "meet" you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for checking in Renee and Dominque...still home bound but perhaps a tad better today?
I hope you are feeling better, Upnorth!
ReplyDeleteJudy :->