Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Friday, September 16, 2011

Bed Day



I'm having a complete bed day... I had an OK hour this morning and then WHAM...terrible flu and weakness.

I did too much early in the week - two out-of-the-house outings. One was a two hour session at the U I promised I'd help with months ago. I was feeling terrible that morning but forced myself to go anyways.

Then I had an NP appointment yesterday and I knew (ironically) I was too sick to go....still I went (my roommate drove me). It was just a check-in because I've been doing so poorly, but really she doesn't have much to offer me. She did a strep test on my viral looking throat - no strep.

So I'm super crashed again today (I thought yesterday was bad).

Despite another bad week I've been coping a bit better...mental stamina was holding up until today. I really really hope tomorrow's better. It's days like these I need hope.

I'll post a couple photos from that paddle last week then back to resting for me.

7 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself upnorth....rest rest rest..Sorry your NP has nothing to off you right now.
    Beautiful photos....keeping you wrapped in thoughts and prayers and a lot of cyber hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. upnorth - I am so sorry you are having such a bad stretch lately. It stinks that your NP had nothing to offer you. Grrrr!

    Hang in there. Better days are coming!

    I love the photos. That must have been balm for your soul and mental state. You live in such a beautiful area. Wow!

    Can you see the beauty from your windows?

    I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not that down about the appointment...just wish I hadn't gone and caused myself another crash day is all. My NP is very nice and supportive, she just doesn't know how to make the ME go away....

    Dominique, can't see much from my windows. My bedroom window looks out on our driveway and then the street. There are some bushes. Could be worse....the back yard is under construction so I don't sit out there much.

    I'm just going to lay low for a few more days before I attempt another outing.

    I'm also going to try some TCM...either of you tried it? It's one thing I've never really tried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, if you have this viral load and it came up with EBarr, what is your spleen like? Is it enlarged or sore at all? Has anyone checked it recently?

    jenji

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Jenji, - she spent some time on my chest due to my chronic ache and breathing pain...we discussed other antiviral options which she may ask my specialist about...When I had the severe mono my spleen area hurt and I remember they did a catscan but there was no significant swelling. No pain now in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By they way, I shall forever pronounce the title of this post as:

    Bidet.

    You're welcome. ;)

    I hope you're having a good day today.

    jenji

    ReplyDelete
  7. Upnorth.... I read your comment on Dominique's blog post and wanted to share a couple of Yoga cd and dvds which might help. I use Carol Dickmans's Bed Top Yoga DVD and angela Stevens Yoga the Gentle Way CD.....maybe one of these would work?

    ReplyDelete