I thought I'd write a short update. I'm in southern Ontario for a few more days....my specialist appointment is on Thursday, then I fly home Friday.
My body has been holding up just great. Even though my family knows about my illness, it always takes a lot of energy visiting. Right now I'm staying with my brother and family and playing lots with the kids (my niece and nephew). This amount of activity two months ago would have completely floored me, however, I'm holding up pretty well. I've been taking rests throughout the day and my usual flu symptoms are very minor. It's so nice to have a break from feeling completely ill and dragged down by my body. Of course I should probably be more prudent so I don't crash from this visit later, but I don't get the feeling I will.
It makes me realize I probably could have managed the month long course. At the same time, I'm not a fortune teller - I can't see the future. I made the best decision I could based on how ill I was three weeks or so ago. I really DO need to get some work done, though. I'm doing an abysmal job of fitting any tasks into my schedule.
Yah!!!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like the Gods are letting you have a lovely time. Let hope you sale through without the payback :)
Thanks Lee Lee....fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteYay! Hope you continue to do well the rest of the time you're there. And good luck at your appointment!
ReplyDeleteThe extra stress of the course may have tipped you over. You did the right thing. Enjoy :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you are doing well!
ReplyDelete