I had a decent Easter weekend.
My good friend's birthday (celebrated at home, but I did bake a cake), then a small house-warming party, followed by Easter celebrated at home.
Thank goodness the relapse is over....I'm back to my normal which is a low level of feeling ill/fluey or malaise and a moderate level of fatigue - especially post-exertional fatigue. So if I'm careful, I can do some low-key things without feeling terrible or making my situation worse. THIS is such a CHANGE from the 6 1/2 week relapse where I was suffering from what felt like a fairly severe virus/immune problem every moment of every day!!!
I'm so thankful to feel a bit of a person again instead of just a sick body (draining me dry of mental, physical and emotional energy).
I'm hoping that's it for relapses this year....the occasional crash day here or there is to be expected.
This is wonderful news! You can enjoy the Spring now. Take it easy . . .
ReplyDeleteHow great to hear you so upbeat. My experiences have been very similar of late.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy it girl!!!!
Glad to hear that your rough relapse seems to have passed! Enjoy your time to operate about with a bit more elbow room.
ReplyDeletejenji
So glad to hear you're feeling better. Enjoy the spring now. :)
ReplyDeleteHi!
ReplyDeletePlease forgive this less than personal comment!
I've just sent this letter to a few doctors, psychiatrists, and psychologists whom I know personally. I urge you to do the same. Thanks.
Dear Dr XXX
I know how busy you must be, however I feel this situation is an urgent one for hundreds of thousands of people across the UK and the world, and your specific contribution can help save many ME/CFS sufferers from the dangers of being falsely labelled as psychiatric cases and thus denied more appropriate medical care.
I urge you to write a comment advising against the proposed new category "Complex Somatic Symptom Disorder" in the DSM-5. Comments coming from medical professionals will hold far more weight than comments from others.
The proposed revisions are discussed here:
http://www.dsm5.org/ProposedRevisions/Pages/SomatoformDisorders.aspx
Their cautious wording sounds benign, but the end result for patients with a serious medical (not psychiatric) condition is far from benign. The most extreme case in the UK involved the death of Sophia Mizra who died of ME after being institutionalized in a psychiatric ward (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_Mirza and also: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/5112050.stm and: http://www.investinme.org/Article-050%20Sophia%20Mirza%2001.htm)
Please also read the letter from the International Association for CFS/ME commenting on the DSM-5:
http://www.iacfsme.org/
and especially the letter from Mary Schweitzer, which can be found here, the last item on this page:
http://dsm5watch.wordpress.com/dsm-5-proposals/dsm-5-proposals-sub-page-3/
Dr. Schweitzer's eloquence speaks for many hundreds of thousands of people suffering from ME. I do hope this will persuade you of the importance of also writing on our behalf. The deadline for comments is 20 April 2010. Please write now! The instructions for how to do this can be found here: http://dsm5watch.wordpress.com/dsm-5-proposals/dsm-5-proposals-sub-page-3/ under the item labelled: Important Alert to the CFS/ME Community
Please feel free to pass this message on to other health professionals.
Thank you very much indeed.