My blogging buddy Treya
http://jen-mecfs.blogspot.com/2010/03/10-things-about-me.html
tagged me to write a list of 10 things about me.
For some reason I'm finding this difficult. Perhaps because I don't really do a lot. I guess one thing about me is I'm an expert at laying around all day doing nothing (hee hee)...But I'll give it my best shot:
1. My favourite foods are corn on the cob (fresh), avocado, berries, peanut butter and chocolate.
2. While I had some brain fog when I first got ill and constant pressure headaches, those went away after the first three or four years. Cognitively I am not a typical M.E./cfs patient so I can read. I read LOTS. Between reading for school (the PhD) and fiction I probably spend about 3-5 hours a day reading. I love nothing more than a good novel - the kind of novel that takes me into the life of some other person, a novel where I'm immersed in new perspectives, a novel where I think, cry, and laugh.
3. I took 11 years of classical piano lessons (which doesn't mean I can play well).
4. I spent 5 falls as a dog-trainer, training sled dogs (both my own dogs and dogs for an organization that offered dog sledding trips).
5. My favourite time of day is in the morning when I don't feel as sick, and when the potential of the day is still unleashed. (Also, I LOVE coffee, and I let myself drink two mugs full each morning).
6. A few of my biggest hopes/dreams/goals are: to get better, make my own living thus ending my reliance on government disability, and to adopt a child.
7. The first thing I would do if I were well is go for a long run in the woods with my dog Teagan.
8. I've lived in three countries (Canada, England and the U.S.A.).
9. I love winter - snow, ice....everything seems so fresh, there's something special about winter skies - lots of purples and greys, and the light in the winter is unique (long shadows etc.). Also, I have so many good memories of being out in wilderness areas in the winter.
10. I'm doing my PhD research on wolf conservation and education....details to follow (eventually).
p.s. feel free to vote on this month's poll - I'm curious what brings meaning to your life.
Thank goodness you don't have the brain fog and get to enjoy your books. Here's hoping that you get your wish. :)
ReplyDeleteI know Lori, I'm really lucky that way. I remember when I did have the brain symptoms - it was SO terrible! Funny that they mostly left but the viral/immune/fatigue symptoms remain and can still level me.
ReplyDeleteThe sled dogs thing is AWESOME. What an interesting list. I love what you say about winter. There's a poet and artist in you, obviously.
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting list...love the sled dog thing too. I enjoy escaping into a good book too. You have a nice blog here....
ReplyDelete