And the relapse continues. Sometimes I wonder about the usefulness of blogging. I mean on the one hand, it's an outlet for me. I've met some fellow M.E./cfs sufferers and a few people (friends and family) reading my blog have been educated about aspects of what it means to live with this illness.On the other hand, sometimes it feels like a long, drawn-out self-indulgent complaining session. I mean how many times can I write that my throat hurts, it hur
ts to breath, my lymph glands feel on fire? So I won't blog about symptoms today beyond the fact that yes, I remain relapsed with an onslaught of immune system type symptoms.I went to my NP on Thurs. There's nothing she could really do to help. She did a strept test just on the off chance we could treat my throat. Negative. She says it just looks viral. I did get my gluten blood test back which was negative. I've been tested as having a wheat allergy, but we wanted to see if I had celiac disease. I was supposed to go back on wheat for up to 12 weeks but I was so sick (vomiting) the whole time I only managed three weeks in a row before saying "screw it" and taking the test.
My CBC from December showed a low WBC (White Blood Count). My WBC (especially neutrophils) seem to be a good indicator of the severity of my condition. When I feel decent meaning at 60% function (which is still ill) my WBC hovers at around 4.0 which is low normal. When I crash or relapse, it
drops a little. I think it went as low as 2.0 or something once which was moderate neutropenia. I bet if they checked it this month it would be low!It's a gorgeous day! Maybe I'll get Joe to take me for a drive and I could take a few photos. If so, I'll post them here.
I know what you mean. Is blogging just 'all about me', the culture of the self, introspective and ultimately self-defeating? Quite possibly.
ReplyDeleteFor this blogger it's a safety valve, a means of expressing something I can't express anywhere else. The difference between a blog and a personal journal is, you get an audience.
And if you want to list your symptoms ad nauseum we are very happy to read them, because we know what it's like. Also, it may be useful for you to look back on.
You hang in there. Spring is coming and this post-move crash won't last forever. The photos are amazing by the way.
I'm sorry you are still not feeling well. That seems to be how a lot of us are feeling lately.
ReplyDeleteYou are right about that view! Amazing! Sometimes getting out of my 4Walls is what I need to kind of get away from the 'chronic' illness life.
Jo is right. This won't last forever. A better day is coming. Hoping that it will be soon for you!