Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Sunday, June 28, 2009

symptoms

The dogs are bored. They want me to take them for a walk. I will, even if it's only 1/4 of a block....just not yet.

My energy is a little better than last week, but I still feel "delicate".
I'm trying to take it easy, rest up for the PhD course that starts in just over a week.

This illness comes with lots of symptoms....I try to avoid talking about them, but sometimes it's hard because I'm having to live/endure them at some level constantly.

However, for me, the symptoms are pretty much a broken record. Most of them come and go (cycle) depending on how bad I'm feeling. But I rarely get a new symptom after 7 years. My main symptoms are viral and immune (sore throat, painful lymph nodes, low grade fever, body/chest ache) along with fatigue, weakness, tremor, and dizziness (of several varieties). I also seem to be more susceptible to certain infections - especially intestinal and sinus.

But right now I'm dealing with a new symptom, one that's hard to figure out. I'm not sure if it's connected to the M.E. or whether it's something completely different.

In March I started to get these small patches on my legs. It looked like I was bleeding under the skin.
I also seem to be getting lots of bruising on my legs.
And now, over the last week or so, I've been developing these raised, pimple like sores that turn into bright red patches....Some of them itch a little, many of them are pretty much non-itchy/painless. However, they're spreading. They started on my lower legs, now they're also on my knees, thighs, elbows, hands and feet.

I'm not sure if I'll get them checked out or not....

The problem is, getting into my NP or Doctor takes two or three weeks, and going to a walk-in, the doctors are not familiar with this illness - so they don't have any idea of the big picture. At the walk-in it comes down to lying (saying nothing else is going on) or risking the "I have M.E./CFS" revelation and the inevitable skepticism or ignorance that follows.

Oh well, I'll stick it out for a few more days and see if spreads or gets any worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment