Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Monday, September 18, 2017

Battery Drained

I'm in bed trying to rest enough to recharge my battery.  I just read a fellow sufferer's analogy that having M.E. is like having a battery (e.g. capacity for energy) that only ever charges to 20%.  Really that's pretty much it although maybe mine hits 30% sometimes?

Anyways, right now I'm at -10% so I'm trying to rest enough to get some charge back. Last night I was so weak I couldn't stand up for more than seconds without my legs giving out and I couldn't comb my hair.  I was so weak my arm muscles were shaking/tremoring typing. Pretty bad eh?

Today I'm maybe a tad better but feel awful and fluy and viral and still quite weak.  Hence it's 2pm and I'm still in bed in pjs.

I've been working online at my online course and doing errand/appointments with my dad.  This has been enough to tax me past my limits.  And despite the fact that I'm not sick on purpose I still lay here feeling disgusted and disappointed with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment