I have been so busy working that I've not had time to come on here and complain (hehe). Today, however, I'm having one of the the worst crash days in recent memory - just so so so sick. I need this outlet to share with those of you who I know will understand.
I've been teaching an online six week intensive Masters course since the beginning of May and intensive is the correct word. Even for a healthy person these courses are challenging to teach. I won't go into all the details, but at one point I counted 23 days straight where I hadn't had a single day off from the course. That said, some days I worked only 2 hours, but somedays I worked 4 or 5 hours!!! multiple days in a row which for someone with moderate M.E. is crazy.
The only reason I can do it is because I can work from bed, and I don't suffer terrible cognitive dysfunction/brain fog like most...especially in the mornings when I work.
Then last weekend I went away to visit friends. I had rides both ways (3hrs) and spent the weekend WAY overdoing it. I really really needed it. Between working for 5 months and the extra strain of dad-care and support, the stress had been building to a very high level. I was about to break.
I've been crashed all week since my trip not surprisingly, but today is way worse, I'm so sick there are no words...
So please send healing recovery vibes my way. My course is over and by next Friday all my marking will be done. I have no work lined up in the foreseeable future so it's back to disabled/unemployed which might be the best thing for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment