I've had some improvement in my health. I have pulled out of the relapse and am back to my "normal" level of functioning, which isn't great (mostly homebound), but I can tolerate very small/short walks, and a couple outings a week. I LOVE ice and frozen lakes and ice-out in the spring. I live on the largest fresh water lake in the world and this time of year when it's still winter (March), I like to get out on blue sky days especially, to see the ice.
We have had the craziest winter I've experienced in the 16 years I've lived in this town. Mostly it's been unseasonably warm. We've also hardly had any snow (that said, generally it still sticks around because even a warm winter here is freezing or below).
The bay on Lake Superior here is usually frozen throughout the winter, and this year, except the harbour, it was mostly open. The inland lakes are solid as always, but not as thick as some years. Recently we've had a lot of -20 nights and with so little snow, the inland lakes are like vast skating rinks - they are amazing! (Just to give you perspective, people drive on lakes up here most the winter). Here's a few photos of the ice from my outings over the last few weeks.
 |
| Shoreline ice, Lake Superior |
 |
| My dad looks like an Arctic Explorer haha |
 |
| A nice flat place for a walk |
Beautiful photos, Gail! Love the ice out. Glad to hear you've had some improvement in your health as well.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous Photos !!!
ReplyDeleteSuch cool pictures! Happy to hear you've seen some improvements lately. I hope that continues!! Thinking of you.
ReplyDelete