Really I have very little to report or discuss. My life is pretty same-old and monotonous.
I see my dad everyday (sometimes too much). He isn't able to figure out much to do on his own. He listens to music or drives around (and to be honest, he probably shouldn't even be driving). I spent a lot of time entertaining him last week and I am ready for a break, but he shows up or calls multiple times a day with "problems" which are really just an excuse for my company...but at least he's not living with me day in and day out.
This weekend is convocation. I didn't think it was worth it to go to my Masters one 7 or 8 years ago because I knew it would be very challenging while ill, but in retrospect I wish I had so my mom could have been there. I decided to go to my PhD one because I've actually never been to a graduation ceremony since high school and my mom kept discussing coming to it the last few years. I'm so sad she can't be here.
I contacted the university about accommodations so I will not have to stand in line or stand at all if I'm not up for it (except to walk across the stage). I have 7 people (friends and family) coming to watch!! On the one hand, it will likely be pretty dull, on the other hand, I am pretty excited. My brother and niece decided last minute to fly out and my good friend A. and her son are coming up from Minnesota so I am trying to rest up.
Otherwise my days are spent doing little garden tasks, resting, and working on prepping my summer course. I'm considering saying goodbye to this blog as I'm not sure how much more I can "offer" the world through my writing, although when I'm sicker, I really love having the outlet. This week I am doing quite well health-wise so I feel less need for it.
Anyways, hoping all my readers are AWAP (as well as possible)
No comments:
Post a Comment