Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Great comic on the experience of PEM (post exertional malaise)

Hi friends,

I will do a proper update soon, but for now I wanted to share this.  It is very timely given my previous post as well:
https://laurachamberlain.co.uk/2016/05/12/the-m-e-adventures-comic-energy-and-exertion-meawareness/comment-page-1/#comment-245

I showed it to my roommate and she also appreciated it given she watches me suffer PEM often.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Upnorth,
    I read your illness story and some of your other posts. Thank you for sharing. I appreciate the way that you write, it's very honest. I find that it's trendy right now to spin everything in a positive light. Positivity is great! Especially when you're sick, but lets be real people. Your posts aren't negative in anyway, they are just ...real. Refreshing to read.
    Kari

    I have ME as well, I'm 4 years in. I live in BC. I don't know anyone in my community with the illness. (I think we're all in hiding)
    Like you, many patients learn not to disclose that information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Kari, and your compliment on my blog (I'd definitely say I'm a realist more than an optimist, but I guess that's how I survive with this illness). I've found that despite the rare person, my best community support comes online from other sufferers. So sorry you've been ill 4 years already.

    ReplyDelete