Sorry I've been absent, I travelled to see family (my brother and his family). As you might guess, it was really hard, although great to see them. I stayed long enough that I had time to recover there before the return trip (the travel days were brutal). While I'm glad I went (so far) I doubt I'll be keen to do it again for a long while.
I managed two outings while there, and spent a lot of time in bed resting, just like I do here. And I had to navigate stairs multiple times of day (the guest room was upstairs), which is more draining. It would have been imposible during my relapse. Now that I'm home, I have no idea how long it will take me to recover.
I sat beside a woman with MS on my last flight home and we commiserated about traveling and visiting while ill. She had what sounded like similar fatigue, (I mean it was really similar, I've never heard someone with an illness outside M.E. describe fatigue that is so similar). We could relate. I very rarely disclose, but I shared that I had an immune disease triggered by severe mono. She had had to sleep on the couch at her daughters rather than a spare bed to avoid having to do stairs so often during her visit.
Once I recover a bit, I will write more. But the area where my brother and his family moved, is incredibly beautiful. I spent a lot of time (when I wasn't in bed or visiting) sitting on their little deck with my feet up looking out at the lake in the valley and the mountains beyond.
Here's a photo from one of the outings.

I hear you about the travelling --- hope your recovery time is not too long. You're right about the area where your brother lives -- very beautiful! Great Photo!!
ReplyDelete