Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Friday, February 6, 2015

Tired and Weak

I've been really tired lately (like beyond exhausted). As well, I've been suffering bouts of weakness.  Occasionally I'm so weak, I can't even stand up for more than a second, because my muscles will give out, and I'll collapse.  Similarly, sometimes my arms are too weak to even lift something light and simple.  It's not common for me to be this weak, but I had a few hours this week where I couldn't stand up or walk.

While I'm sure being deonditioned doesn't help, I know it's not a result of deconditioning because if I  rest completely, things improve.  I can be too weak to stand, but 24 hours later, be strong enough to walk a 1/2 block without repercussions.  It's very confusing to make sense of.

I think some of it is when the OI is acting up (postural tachycardia and hypotension), some of it is hormone related as the weakness is always worse certain times of month, and it's usually also PEM connected (i.e. I did too much two days before).  Anyways, things could be worse.  While the fatigue and weakness are disabling, the flu symptoms (throat, lymph nodes, breathing ache) have been only average, which is nice.

I've been working sometimes 3 hours a day on writing my dissertation! I sleep in, get my coffee in the morning than go back to bed with my computer.  I take small breaks to snack or let the dog out, but sometimes it's 1pm before I get out of bed and my PJ's. Of course after I'm dressed, and maybe do a small task, I'm back in bed reading, resting, or surfing.

I'm supposed to travel to see my folks next week, but might have to postpone it if I'm still this weak.  I couldn't manage the travel yet.  Although hopefully by next week.  Fingers crossed. I haven't seen them in six months.

I wanted to share my most recent print.  I'm not planning on printing much this year, but friends who live in Alaska each winter, gave me the idea to do a print with dogs and ravens, two of my favourite things to print. I'm happy with it, I like when my prints have a graphic look, and seem to tell a story.


No comments:

Post a Comment