Hi folks,
Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I'm trying, with my limited energy, to work on my PhD. I've also started doing a little bit of art/printmaking again, so I don't have much left for writing.
Remember how I was hopeful about the Standford research group? Well they published a study last week, and despite it's very small size, it got a lot of press….perhaps because it's Standford?
Here's a link to an article about it. Basically, the researcher/s in the Standford group looking at the brain, found some significant abnormalities in the M.E. group vs healthy controls. Not surprising…I think when all's said and done, this illness will turn out to be similar to M.S. - a neuro immune disease.
They mention that these abnormalities, could be the result of an infection or infections…but what's even cooler, is that the level of fatigue/weakness, seemed to correlate with the abnormalities:
http://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2014/10/study-finds-brain-abnormalities-in-chronic-fatigue-patients.html
Here's another group that is crowd funding in order to do research about M.E. They have been unable to get money from the government, mostly because M.E. is ridiculously underfunded and still stigmatized.
If you want to give to a good cause, I think this is one. I gave $25 a while back despite being broke. Perhaps I should do some kind of fundraiser (with all my vast amounts of energy) haha.
http://www.microbediscovery.org
Here's a proof of the print I've been working on. It's getting there. I'm going to run some more, perhaps making the horizon slightly brighter so the sun shows up better.
Today is a really really sick day. I am achey and fluey, sore throat, headache, weakness, hurts to breathe as if someone scoured my lungs. I went to the dentist yesterday, so I'm guessing this is a crash.
I'd rather be a healthy person with two cold viruses at the same time and run a 10km than suffer a crash day with M.E. It's worse, and the sad thing, is I'm not exaggerating. Not even close.

Interesting stuff. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a good (as good as can be) weekend!
ReplyDeleteyah, you too Hayley!
DeleteThis print is stunning! I love the contrast. -TC
ReplyDeleteThanks TC :)
Delete