Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ready to go home....

I'm not saying I'm heading home....just that I'm ready to.

The travel Sunday was so exhausting.

It was a flight of 2 hours, 3 hours at the airport and then a flight of 1 hour. Then meeting my suite mate who is a very nice, intelligent, and interesting woman but also chatty.

By Monday I was exhausted already but I forced myself through a welcome breakfast and then two hours of class. I came back to my room and collapsed. I was so exhausted and felt so sick. I was ready to quit right then.

I rested in bed from noon until night and felt a bit better.

Tues I did two of the four hours. I escaped at break - awkward, but a good choice.

Today (Wed.) I forced myself to do three hours of the four but came home and fell apart emotionally and physically.

I just don't seem to have the stamina for this.

But after all the money and effort and prep work spent getting here I really don't want to leave.

And having spent most the last 6 months lying down (couch and bed) even sitting up for two or three hours is difficult let alone the interacting and walking to and from the building.

I woke up today with a sore throat and flu ache and I should have stayed home.

I have a sore throat every night when I'm tired but if it starts in the morning it's a true warning sign for me.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm just back from 3 weeks away and trying to catch up. I was surprised to hear you're away on a month-long course - wow!

    Sorry to hear you are already struggling, but I think that is to be expected, right? I'm sure you had your hopes high, though, that you'd be able to handle it. I know I couldn't handle it either. I was much too active over vacation and paid the price.

    It's the same for me with the sore throat - a big warning sign especially if I wake up with it.

    I just had my 9-year anniversary this spring, too.

    My thoughts are with you - I hope your condition improves and you are able to get through this and even enjoy some of it.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gail, I am so sorry to hear this. You are in my thoughts and prayers. It must be so discourging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that you're already having such a hard time. Do the best that you can, but if this last go is at the expense of a nasty flare, perhaps you should wait. I did the same thing in grad school. By week two I was ready to literally fall to the floor and expire. I know it's discouraging, but you have to put your health first. Sometimes our ambition can cloud the reality of what may happen if we continue to push it. I always said "I'll never know unless I try" and that's true, but I wish I would have waited until I was stronger because one semester at full speed set me back for over a year.

    Please take care of yourself.

    jenji

    ReplyDelete