Spending time with my parents (who've been visiting) has taken most my energy lately. However, it's been really nice to see them. I feel like I'm pulling out of the most recent relapse/crash, which is great. This winter/spring seems to have been a fairly significant relapse followed by several smaller crashes/relapses. We'll see if this good spell lasts through the week as I have quite a bit to do school/work wise.
This spring during the relapse I often felt just too unwell to work on school stuff. Then through lack of working on stuff I just lost momentum and motivation altogether. I hope if I'm feeling a bit better I can get back into the swing of things again. In the past I've been able to put in one to three solid hours of work at home a day.
I also have a big decision looming (whether or not to try to do the one month course in S. Ontario this summer).
I'll post again within the week for the poll of the month and some recent photos.
p.s. If any of you who have M.E./CFS are interested in a quiet, friendly, low-key forum, you might want to check out Bluebutterflies. http://cfsandfmshelp.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=recent
I've been part of this forum for a couple years and it's great. I like that there aren't 100 posts a day to keep up with. We would welcome a few new members.
Yes, having visitors, or visiting, can be double-edged. You love to see people but it can be one of the most draining things. Rest up. It's amazing you are managing to do any work at all, good for you!
ReplyDeleteI'll go check out the forum.
So true about the double edged sword Jo. Although this visit was a bit better then some. Partly, I didn't need quite as much rest as some visits.
ReplyDeleteMy parents are getting old now so it's almost even (at least with my mom who's had pnemonia and chronic bronchitis since winter) who has less energy and who lays down more. At 73 she definately walks slower and is in a lot of pain which I feel so sorry for her. Still it's sad so think I'm 39 and so limited. My dad's 79 and much more energetic than I am.
Oh well, it was just a lovely week weather-wise and company-wise. And I wasn't completely crashed so I don't have much to complain about. My housemates also helped a lot with the enertaining which decreased my needed energy output alot.
I hope you are seeing a much longer improvement as well. It is a drag to be so limited isn't it. My dad just doesn't get it. Always sharing the new 'cure' with me. sigh and smile. He means well.
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself.