Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Friday, January 15, 2010

This illness....It's getting old....

Just a short update.
I'm in southern Ontario visiting family.

Right now I'm at my Brother's visiting his family (including playing with my 5 year old niece and 4 year old nephew).

I've been feeling quite ill and fluey. I'm finding this hard to take at present. I'm not sure how to improve my mood/attitude? I'm just so tired (ha ha) of feeling so ill all the time.

At first after being diagnosed with M.E./cfs I didn't believe the diagnosis. Then I figured I'd be one of the ones that recovered quickly. Now I'm over the seven year mark and while I'm better than I was the first four, I'm still sick. Blah...

I guess now I'm holding out for some research and actual treatments. Pacing does me some good but it doesn't seem to be the cure....more of a way to manage.

2 comments:

  1. Children are lovely, but they are quite energy sapping, partly because they change so quickly. Everything is different two minutes later. I'm not surprised you are feeling poorly.

    I'm with you, I hoped for a quick recovery after diagnosis and I think I'm in year five or six now. Pacing and resting probably does work for recovery, except life doesn't let us. Check out Bruce Campbell's book. http://www.recoveryfromcfs.org/index.htm
    I've only just discovered him and don't know why I didn't find him before.

    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, kids do take ALOT of energy....It's so sad I don't have my own, but also probably a good thing given my level of functioning....

    I like Bruce Cambell's stuff...it's very similar to my specialist's philosophy of treatment.

    ReplyDelete