Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Less Blogging Lately....

Well my life has been in transition for quite a while now - hence the reason for my infrequent blogs. On top of that, my health took a dive in Dec. and really hasn't returned to where it was earlier in the fall. This isn't a huge surprise, although usually my M.E. gets worse in January or February rather than early Dec.

I think part of the reason is everything that's been going on:

1. Looking for and buying a house (this took ALOT out of me). It was both physically and emotionally draining.
2. Living 40min from town where all little outings become big ones.
3. Figuring out how to live with 2 roommates (even if they are good friends).
4. Traveling in Nov. and now Jan.
5. And now moving to the new (old) house - 2nd move in 5mo.

I head back to Thunder Bay tomorrow so today I'll be packing, saying good-byes to family etc.

I'm hoping once I'm home - and my bedroom and a work space (e.g. office) is set up, I can settle back into a workable routine involving rest, working at home, and a little social life too.

I'm in desperate need of some good solid rest....

On the M.E. front, I've been doing a little better the last week. Part of my M.E. is fairly significant sore throats for the last 7 years....however, the last couple years these have often involved blistering in the throat as well. The last two weeks now I've had white blisters in my throat.

Probably unwisely, one thing that's getting me through this bad patch is hope for a test for the XMRV retrovirus soon. I can't wait to get tested and hopefully eventually treated. I would love to have a life where I wasn't so constrained by illness.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot going on at once for someone with M.E.

    I too have a very sore throat at present. I feel like there is little cuts or something on it. Yours does sound very sore... Maybe you need an antibiotic for that??

    I totally can understand the room mate issue. Sometimes it's hard for us to understand all that comes with this illness on a daily basis, making it hard to be around others in a normal way.

    I hope you feel more settled soon, so you can regain some of your pre Dec strength.

    The constraints of this illness ARE relentless ehh?

    I know exactly how you're feeling at the moment girl....

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is hard enough without the illness. I too, have relocated twice in six months and have had a new partner who has a small (part time) kid. It's a white knuckle ride. You can only let it wash over you and hope the payback is not too severe. Now I'm at the end of all the moving around is when it is most difficult.

    The throat sounds nasty. Have you had it checked out? Of course, with moving you have to sign up with new doctors and so on. Spring is just around the corner :-)

    ReplyDelete