Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Monday, September 14, 2009

Check out this link.........

Today I read a guest blog entry on Cort's "Bringing the Heat" blog site (which is about M.E./CFS). The entry was written by a woman named Laurel who has M.E.

I thought she made some really good points in sharing her story. (Points that I should probably be taking to heart about what can happen when a person with M.E. pushes too hard). She writes about how people (even fellow M.E./CFSers) would rather hear about the stories of those who've recovered, not those who are severely ill or have gotten worse.

I have experienced this on a small scale when people ask how I am, when they only really want to hear that I'm doing "well" or "improving".....they don't want to hear if I've had a crash or if I'm having a really bad day.... Of course some people ARE sincere when they ask how I am, but there are others who would really rather not know unless the answer is positive and cheery.......

Here's the link:

http://aboutmecfs.org/blog/?p=769

No comments:

Post a Comment