Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sick Day

I've been feeling pretty decent this week. Decent is relative, of course. But I guess I've been feeling only minorly ill for a change. My energy has also been pretty decent. Yesterday I think I did too much - a coffee date, a short meeting AND going to the dog park in the p.m....around a total of three hours out of the house.

Today I'm remembering that I can't act like a "well" person. I feel sick today. I woke up with a headache and my throat is sorer than normal. Plus I feel the old chest flu-ache which I can't seem to put into words. No, it's not a muscular or joint thing....it's a sick achy feeling in my chest. Like with an infection (but w/o any coughing or flem or anything)...

I have a good book, but even though I'm sick and feel best if I'm laying down, I get tired of laying in bed all day reading or watching TV. But if I do something more active I feel sicker. Oh well. Having been as sick as I have over the last 7 years, everything is relative. What I mean is that I KNOW it (has) and could be a lot worse. So I must be zen, patient and take care of myself until I feel a bit better again. (And perhaps not walk too far with the dog today).

I thought I'd post a few photos of Teagan that my friend Nancy took.....they're pretty cute:




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better!! Have you tried audio books? They're my new favorite thing, great when you're not up for reading.

    I love the dog... What a cutie : )

    ReplyDelete