Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Monday, April 24, 2017

Four Days Down

I've been crashed for four days...not long you say? It feels like forever. Perhaps because the last 15 years of my life have been a series of crash days piled upon crash days piled upon relapses.  It's hard to remember the "not" crashed days when you are living the crash days, although I am thankful that I have the "crappy" days where I'm at least not too sick to live a little.

I'm not sure why I'm crashed? It could be PEM, but I can't put my finger on an over-do.  I did finish my marking last week so maybe my body was "holding out" until I was done the winter course.

Sometimes I have an M.E. crash - weakness with viral symptoms - if there's an infection going around.  I don't "catch" the infection, I just get the M.E. flare/crash.  Anyways, I can barely lift my arms or stand right now and I'm out of breath walking around the house.  It hurts to take a deep breath or talk, especially in the afternoons.  I've been avoiding people, I just don't have the energy.  I'm like a gas tank with literally nothing but fumes.

Despite this, I just forced myself outside with the dog for some air.  I've probably "sat up" for a total of one or two hours the last 4 days - pathetic! I live in bed or splayed on the couch.

My spring course starts next Monday, so no 'mental' rest for the weary.

I woke up to around 4 cm of snow on the ground this morning.  It's supposed to be cold with flurries and/or rain most the week. At least if I remain crashed the sun/spring weather won't mock me as I lay here.

Can you believe my pal Teagan turned nine this week! How time with our canine companions flies.

Me and Teags last fall 


3 comments:

  1. I love your pic with your buddy, but I;m sorry to hear you are down. Similar here last week - very badly crashed after Easter weekend with my family. At first I thought I'd overdone, but those kinds of crashes don't last long now, and I realized it was - as you said - exposure to germs. I'm sure there were LOTS of them living in a house with my school-age niece and nephew, plus my cousins & my own sons all in college!

    In fact, I wrote a blog post toward the end of last week when I started feeling better about how I treat these kinds of crashes. I am pleased to report I an back on my feet now - still have some cold symptoms (with improvements to my immune system, I do actually catch colds now) but no longer crashed.

    I hope you perk up soon, too! Thinking of you -

    Sue

    http://livewithcfs.blogspot.com/2017/04/treating-virally-induced-crashes-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo of you and your four legged baby! Sorry you have been battling the crash-I know that routine all to well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comments Sue and Pamela, a bit better today, but lots of ups and downs lately.

    ReplyDelete