First, let me say I am writing this post at my sickest time of day (mid afternoon) having done more this past weekend than I have in ages. I'm not going to go into major details, but it involved outings on both Friday night and Sunday morning. While I had rides for both, and the "active" part in total amounted to less than 2 min, for someone with moderate M.E., and moderate POTS, two, four-hour outings in three days is an awful lot.
So two days later I'm in a super crash/relapse. I feel extremely ill, as if every cell in my body has been poisoned. It hurts so much to breathe, my leg muscles are super weak, my throat and lymph nodes achy and sore….and I'm light headed. I feel so sick, that it's hard to believe that I'm not dead or at the very least, dying. In fact, I'm almost praying for it, so this will end. And it's my own fault for over-doing it to participate in something I really wanted to do. And I regret it now….but hopefully won't regret it a month from now, that's the hope.
Five weeks into the sewer saga and the sewer is still blocked. Half the front yard is excavated and there is more to come. They have yet to actually find the sewer (due to a company who came in and mis-located it but refuses to come back and redo the locate), and I have absolutely nothing left energy-wise to take any kind of initiative. In fact, I think when I'm well enough to travel, I'm going to go stay with a friend. Without properly working plumbing, (along with five days and counting with an upset stomach), things are getting pretty awful.
I do think we will eventually have plumbing again, it's just turning out to be a pretty major ordeal, especially when an ill person is managing/coordinating the repairs.
Hi Upnorth, We live constantly on the edge, one step over the line and it's back in bed so sick. so upsetting. I came across a journal from 1990 and can't believe what a full normal day really was for me back than before the disease hit me. All you can really do is wait this out, but try not to be hard on yourself, I mean wanting to go out and be with friends and do things, that's what we want to do and how our brain thinks and it's so hard to drag in the censor and say no I'm
ReplyDeletetoo sick I might crash. Sometimes we slip up, we want so badly to GET OUT, we are social
creatures, enough of solitude !!! Well, as usual I'm rambling on, just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and I'm hoping that everyday you are feeling a little better. from Leah