Spring often hits suddenly here. While last week it was cold and rainy (it even snowed a little) this week the grass is turning green, the tulips are out and the buds are starting to open on some of the trees. I took some photos of my front garden tulips.
My health/energy has been fairly decent overall. However, I woke up today feeling very leaden and achy. I know I've been pushing it just a little lately with outings (generally more than two short ones a week and I go down-hill healthwise).
While it's a fairly personal topic, I've also been attempting to treat my bouts of low moods with a course of St. John's Wort. It's been shown in some studies to be as good as an antidepressant in cases of mild or moderate depression. I've been taking it about three weeks, and if I make it through a certain time of month feeling more balanced, I'll know it's helping.
Today, however, I'm feeling pretty "down" just because I feel so ill and weak and heavy. I'm pretty sure if I could actually treat this disease/virus, that I would feel better emotionally, as quite often my low moods are connected to when the disease is worse.


For sure if I didn't have this blasted disease I'd feel so much better, my spirits would soar. To be able to travel, connect again with friends, be up all day, pain free, able to walk around the block. but it's a dream I really doubt I'll ever experience. The days drag so, which is really
ReplyDeletedepressing and stressful.. Please let us know of St. John's Wort helps you relax. From Leah
.
Oh, I lost an initial sentence. Just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling low from time to time - seems inevitable with what we suffer thru everyday. Those tulips are gorgeous. from Leah again.
ReplyDeleteLove the tulips! I think of you often and hope you're feeling a bit more "up" soon.
ReplyDelete