Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Busy Busy August.

Just a short post to update you on my Aug. which has been crazy busy.  Can you believe I still have moderate M.E.? Really you say?  You mean after more than 12 years you haven't suddenly overcome this illness through magic, herbal cleanses, or positive thinking? You mean you still have M.E. everyday?  That can't be right?

Well my friends, it's true.  And despite M.E. I chose to travel this summer to both try to do some research, and to visit my parents.

So first, while I did great on my interviews for my research, my observations were a complete bust:

Travelled too far, program was cancelled, friend's van broke down (which was supposed to allow me to travel with feet up at the least).  Her friends rescued us which meant I had to sit up for a 4 hours drive.  That next day I came down with a serious intestinal infection that had me living in the bathroom.  After 48 hours where I almost had to go to the hospital for dehydration (AGAIN??!!!) I recovered and then traveled again (2 hour car ride) to my parents.  While i did OK here the first few days, I now have either an M.E. crash and/or infection: significant fever, fatigue, very painful breathing, swollen glands, M.E. weakness, and lymphs etc etc.  AND I have to travel again tomorrow (thank goodness to home).

I can't wait to see my puppy, it's the longest I've ever been without her.  Hoping the fever isn't too bad for travel tomorrow as it makes me weaker.




3 comments:

  1. Epic battle! people have this illness are all heroes (heroines)!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yun Yi, I agree, sometimes I feel like life itself is a never ending war against disease. WE ARE HEROINES, both of us :)

      Delete
  2. I feel you, since being back in Wisconsin for the summer where the majority of my friends and family live I "feel" worse b/c its constant comparison and pushing too hard not even realizing…and the "aren't you better yet" feeling I get …dealing with same thing right now sore throat, drainage, lung issues, MD one opinion, NMD a different …"hanging by a thread." so to speak but holding on!!

    ReplyDelete