Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Short Post

I've been really struggling to recover from my visit to Minnesota.  Also, for some odd reason, this time of year, my health status frequently takes a dive.  For example, almost all of my worst relapses have been in March - May.

I was starting to feel a bit recovered from my trip early this week, then, because my back has been so sore, I went for a massage Wed., made the mistake of doing a short outing Thurs., then had an appointment with my Cardiologist Friday.  Needless to say that was way too much for me.

As per usual after too many outings, I am feeling completely crashed, bunk, and miserable, especially in the afternoons.  Two days in a row I've figured I was coming down with a cold virus (swollen glands, increased sinusitis, low grade fever) but I've concluded now that it is just the M.E., immune system flaring.

I did finally carve and print something I like in 2014.  And for a change (almost by mistake), I printed it in water colour inks which have a much different look.  While the print is a little cliche maybe, I really like the way my pines turned out.

Anyways, I'll post some updates about, for example, my POTS treatment, when I'm feeling a bit better.

It looks like there may even be some days warm enough soon to sit on the front stoop.  It's south facing and gets really warm, even when the temperatures around are still cold. Fingers crossed.


4 comments:

  1. oh well, outing is always challenging, and staying alone in home is another mental challenging. all kind of challenging, 360 degree around, that how M/E or other unknown chronic disease patients face everyday.
    it's going to be warmer so hope you feel better soon.
    beautiful print. love the simplicity and serenity.
    just see you said you emailed me. i did not receive it. here is my facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/yun.yi.35

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog. This is a lovely print! Glad to hear you were out and about again....sorry about the challenges it brings. Porch sitting! One of my favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping that the warmer weather will help you in some way. Sometimes it's just nice to sit outside in the sun doing nothing else than watching the world go by. We've had some good weather in London recently, so I've managed to do some short walks before the rain/cold hits again. Take care Upnorth. I'll visit again later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three days in a row out, no matter how small the outing can really do us in for a while. I'm hoping you'll be sitting outside soon. I love the birds that you often put in your printings. And in the recent one the mystery of the sphere/moon behind the trees Thanks for sharing your art with all of us.. From Leah

    ReplyDelete