Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hopeful Publicity

http://www.good.is/posts/raising-awareness-about-the-devastating-disease-your-doctor-has-never-heard-of

So this looks like a hopeful project.  It's a film about M.E./CFS.

I actually donated despite the fact that I am pretty broke right now.

I hope they are able to create something that will raise awareness in the general public. Obviously, those who are ill, know the M.E./CFS story all too well.

I feel drawn to one of the film's producers in that she is a PhD student who came down with M.E.  Although I started my PhD AFTER I got M.E. Still, all of us with sudden onset share the story of being stopped in our tracks.

I have had a very up and down (roller coaster) week, physically and emotionally.  The two often go hand in hand.  I've been pushing myself too hard, partly because I've been having some better days.  I've also crashed very hard a couple times - but thankfully it hasn't lasted.  So I am using focused discipline to try to curtail my activity a bit, especially when I'm not feeling so bad.  I do have two outings tomorrow, but besides that I am going to rest and try to pace myself.

I am working on a block print of a tamarack bog that has potential.  If it ends up decent, I'll post a photo of it here.

Also, I am out of books.  If you have a book you've read that you just loved, and think I might like it too, please share your recommendation.


7 comments:

  1. It would be very interesting to see this film because so many people have never heard of ME/CFS or should I venture to say, some don't even believe it exists. And there are still many who are suffering but have yet to be diagnosed because their own doctors are not aware of what it is. I'll pop over to the link you left later to have a read.

    I hope you manage to have an enjoyable time during your next 2 outings. Don't forget to take the camera. Memories are always a good thing. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    I can't recommend books as I'm not really into books but if you take a look at the blogs I follow, I know you'll find something that interests you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like mystery? I am getting a big fan of Patricia Highsmith. I finished her "Edith's Diary" and "A Suspension of Mercy". Highly enjoyed. Now I am reading "The Talented Mr. Ripley". Her most famous one was "Strangers On A Train" (was adopted by Hitchcock into film, big success), but I found it boring (so I stopped at 20%), except the opening paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Yun Yi, I don't usually go for mystery, but I'll try them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The documentary sounds great, doesn't it? I contributed, too - I figure every little bit helps.

    I forwarded you an e-mail I sent to my mom a couple of weeks ago with some top book recommendations - hope it helps!

    I commend you for trying to limit your activity when you are feeling better - that is soooo hard!! I'm not very good at it.

    Sue

    Live with CFS

    Learning to Live with CFS is now on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read The Tale Of Edgar Sawtelle. I think you'll like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Elizabeth, I did read that one, I really liked it! You obviously have an idea of what I might like....any others?

    ReplyDelete