So my "breathing issues" turned out to be a nasty cold virus. It hurt more than usual to breathe for three days and I was feeling esp. weak, but I just thought it was an M.E. flare. I don't remember ever having had a cold start in my chest like this.
It's been a nasty one, but in all fairness, just a cold. I haven't had a fever....so that's good. Sometimes when my immune system ramps up to fight a cold I actually feel a little more energetic (probably similar to a healthy person who has a cold). But this time round it's been like a double whammy. I've been completely drained from the cold on top of enduring my normal M.E. feelings of being drained. Yippee, so much fun.
On the positive side, however, at least I don't have a job where I have to call in sick, or a family to care for while double whammy sick.
I've just been flattened, on the couch or in bed.
Yesterday it was quite warm outside finally!!! so I lay in my patio chair watching the snow melt and soaking in the vitamin D....it was really nice. It finally feels like spring. But we are supposed to get 10 cm of snow tomorrow!!!!! Can you believe it?
We are getting snow too!!! 76 yesterday and snow tonight.....Sorry you are sick, upnorth. praying for you to heal quickly and regain your energy. And for spring to come and stay.
ReplyDeleteCrazy spring thats for sure Renee. I am getting better from the cold virus finally, just the postnasal is lingering. What a ride!
DeleteBest wishes for a quick recovery for your cold. Rest up and take it easy!
ReplyDeleteAs for the 10 cm of snow forecasted for May 2nd, OMG!!!! It sounds like you guys will skip spring all together and move on to summer. The birds must all be so confused!
I know Kati, it's supposed to be 15 C in two days and it's snowy out there today. I'm feeding the birds just because I figure it's got to be a tough spring for them already it's been so cold.
DeleteI believe that cold weather is not good for physically ill people. I was so sick when I lived in north. I hope when weather changed your condition could improve a little. meanwhile, keep warm at home! hope you get better soon.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how much heat would help Yun Yi. I mean I do a little better when it's warmer, but there is a very fine line. If it's hot, my condition is WAY worse than if it's cold, although neither seems great. FOr example, I fainted twice last summer which is the OI (orthostatic intollerance) but it's made worse by heat.
DeleteI sometimes have that feeling too of being grateful that I don't have the pressure of needing to call in sick - that I can just be. A conflicted gratitude because obviously one would rather be out there in the world, working, but ...
ReplyDeleteI prefer not to have extremes of temperature at either end. I actually used to long for the cold - really loved it. But we have had so much of it now.