Feel just terrible and fluy. Lying in bed all day, feel too weak to lift my arms, to walk, to do anything. Hours pass as I just lay here doing nothing at all. I can feel the ache/heaviness/malaise with every breath. What is this thing? This disease.....I want to scream....but don't have the energy.
The M.E. has been pretty bad this week - if 0% is dead and 100% is healthy energy, I'm around 20%. Afternoons are the worst.
A friend who also has moderate severity M.E. told me she wrote herself a letter on one of her better days so that when she was crashed terribly she could read it to herself to remember it's not always like this. I really need to do that - what a great idea.
On the positive, my gut is improving...I'm eating some real food. Toast even! (gluten free). Still issues but for sure improved. Still waiting on biopsies (should know this week), but my NP read me my endoscopy report. Turns out there are three gastric ulcers and class/grade B GERD as well.
OK, well I'm going to rest some more....hope tomorrow's better. What on earth is going on here? Why am I so weak and sick almost everyday lately? I'm a limp vegetable.
I am so sorry, upnorth. It seems like you are going through so much and to be so weak is awful. Hard to stay at all positive with you feel so crappy. Glad to hear you could eat toast. One step forward!The letter idea is a good thing!
ReplyDeleteOh, so sorry to hear you are having such a rough time right now. But you are right - there will be good days again. I know it's hard to remember right now, but they will come.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear of your new GI diagnoses - hopefully, those can be treated?
Thinking of you - things WILL get better -
Sue
Sue, I'm being treated for the ulcers and will also be treated for H. Pyroli if it shows up in the biopsy..thanks for asking.
DeleteHi Upnorth. I'm sorry you are still so very sick with all of this. What a great idea about writing a letter (one I think I will do too). Glad to hear you are making improvement with your stomach issues though. Any improvement with anything in this illness, is a huge step in the right direction.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the supportive comments all...I'm a tad better today, hopefully the trend continues...much needed.
ReplyDeleteOh upnorth... My heart sank for you when I read your post... I was really hoping you were going to get a bit of a break. I'm really sorry you are suffering so much, and that you are alone.
ReplyDeleteGreat news on the stomach though!