It's Thanksgiving today here in Canada. My housemate/friend cooked a turkey and then some of my housemate's work friends came over. I was so sick from an outing yesterday (and to be honest from the M.E. in general) I spent most of the day in bed wishing I wasn't, rather than being thankful.
So before the day ends, I'm going to try:
1. I'm thankful for my green bedroom which I love and also my very comfy bed
2. I'm thankful I didn't go south to see family because I was too sick this time round and it would have been a disappointment all round.
3. I'm thankful I don't have to grocery shop (really, I think about this all the time!!! When I lived alone and was relapsed or crashed I so often had to cut it short or I would come out of the store, sit down in my car and cry from the effort, dizziness and sickness). And this makes me thankful for my housemates. Thanks S&J!
4. I'm thankful I still have two books in the pile :). Reading fiction gives me an escape and keeps me sane...or at least close to sane :) (insert maniacal laugh here)
5. I'm thankful for my yellow dog. I mean I can't imagine living this bed-life without her comfort and company and quirkyness. Love you Teagan.
Yes, Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like a tough day...but good for you listing things to be thankful for. I have listed mine through gritted teeth a time or two!
ReplyDeleteIt is wonderful to have a pet I think. They are so giving in their love and great companionship for us who spend so much time at home. When Joel was commuting and working days and nights with the church, I spent most of my time with our dog Levi and would talk out loud to him all the time. WHen Joel went on disability he would think I was talking to him when it was Levi....as I was so used to not having Joel around and chatting with our dog!!!
Wishing you a better week, friend.
That's funny Renee. Did he answer you?
ReplyDeleteMy parents were looking after my dog one time and my mom noticed she seemed depressed. Then she started talking to her. She said "I realized the dog was lonely because I wasn't talking to her the way you do!"
HAPPY BELATED THANKSGIVING!
ReplyDeleteSo, hey, listen... I know I was a (accidental) prick (of the female kind) in the past. You know, at my blog, and elsewhere. And I am sorry about that.
And I hope to win you back to my blog!
Cuz I love you as my CFS sister.
And that is just the way it is!
Judy :->
Judy, thanks for stopping by. I've actually been a pretty bad "follower" of a lot of blogs lately....I'll try to head by more often.
ReplyDelete