I thought I'd share my homemade holiday cards. I say holiday, because not all of the people I send them to necessarily celebrate Christmas. I send them in December (if I've been up to carving and printing something). The spruce one doesn't come out too well here, but it turned out OK enough that I'm sending it. The raven is a print I did over a year ago and reprinted on the press in November. Yes, a little bleak for a holiday card, but I like it and I sent it to folks who I figured would like it as well.
Health wise I'm not at my worst, although I'm not feeling great either. It seems the last two years I've been living on this plateau where I go through ups and downs but don't see any worsening or improving in my condition overall.
My concern the last few days (besides the sicky influenzaishache/chest ache) is I'm dealing with both OI (orthostatic intolerance - hypotension) and also a type of vertigo I get. My head feels full and if I look at anything more distant (like the birds out the window or the TV from the couch) I get a minor, disconcerting spinning sensation. If I'm looking at something that moves, the vertigo is definitely worse. It's like being mildly drunk. I'm wondering if anyone out there gets this and if so, whether you have any advice for me? I seem to be able to do short computer stints and some reading. It bothers me most if I'm moving or something in the distance is moving. I've had bouts of this vertigo since I got sick. Mostly I'm just laying in bed - resting and reading with the lighting low. I hope it goes away soon.
Thanks for sharing the cards with us. They are great!! Sorry to hear you are dealing with some flu thingy and vertigo...yuk. I do not have that now although once in awhile I get it too when I am going through Bartonella die off. Hope rest helps!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the good wishes Renee. The fluish feeling I've had since I got sick, it just gets worse sometimes. The dizziness is crazy annoying and I have no idea what causes it or what to do for it. Is there anything in particular you do that helps?
ReplyDeleteI really don't know how to help it either except to lay quietly and rest until it passes. Wish I had something to offer you.
ReplyDeleteI love your cards, especially the Raven one - striking and simply beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI get some issues like you describe. I think my eyes take some time to focus and also my brain has trouble processing the visual information, leading to things swimming about a bit, difficulty judging distance, and if something is moving in my visual field it is quite distressing at times. I find travelling in a car very hard neurologically as it is sensory overload... Maybe it is a bit neurological for you too? I have no advice for making it better though, sorry.
If you have OI issues, the dizziness and visual issues will be worse. My eyes were very bad when my POTS was at it's worst as not enough blood getting to the brain and eyes. Lie down more if that is the case for you (very unhelpful advice, I know) and stay hydrated and eat enough salt... Hope it improves for you soon.
Thanks for the response Ashy.
ReplyDeleteI used to have pretty bad OI (even fainted/passed out sometimes). It's undiagnosed except my specialist says that's what it is. The OI gets worse from time to time and I've only ever treated it with fluids and salt and rest like you said.
I think the dizziness/vertigo is actually an infection now I've had it for 6 days and I've also had 3 days of nausea and vomitting. So hopefully it will pass.
Well that's not good, three days of being sick is awful but if it means it is just a transient thing then that would be good, really! Maybe the infection is just exacerbating existing weaknessess and it will all calm down again soon. Finger's crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteAnother thing we have in common! Making greeting cards! Yours are gorgeous and sell-worthy! My hobby has turned into a business! Small shops are carrying my cards, and I am a vendor at a couple Farmer's Markets! Fun (cuz my bod will allow it)! If not for CFIDS, this would not be my reality! A gift in every problem, eh?
ReplyDeleteHere's an example of my OI (or whatever is causing it): When I watch Larry King Live, I have to avert my eyes at the opening when they do that motion thing. I don't know how to explain what I'm trying to say! But whenever the TV runs something swiftly by on the screen, I have to avert my eyes because it makes me dizzyish. Just moving my eyes back and forth does a weird thing to me too!!
BTW, have you considered changing your comments settings so that readers/commenters are notified by email when you or others reply? I miss so many of yours and others' comments on blogs that aren't set-up for that! Just a suggestion :-)
Judy