Thought for the Day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.

- Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

6 out of the last 9 days

I'm still going through a bit of a rough patch.

I've spent six of the last nine days mostly in bed. My level of function has dropped considerably the last two weeks - so if I do too much, I'm in bed for a couple days feeling ill.

For example, I went to a party Friday night then spent Saturday, Sunday and Monday mostly in bed. Yesterday (Tues.) I was feeling a bit better. I did an errand at the University and some house cleaning - not surprisingly, today I'm in bed again feeling really ill and fluey.

My parents are visiting for the week. They know I might not be up for much, but still, I did hope to be able to at least sit up and visit.

I feel so exhausted, weak, and viral. I've been laying in bed looking at the antivirals sitting on my shelf and wondering if I should give them another try. When I tried them in August, the side effects were brutal. But maybe if I started really slow (on a super low dose) I wouldn't get the intense nausea. I really want to try something.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. Hang in there. Rest unfortunately is the only route out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest and pace. You gotta be a patient patient. Resist the urge to do too much! Easier said than done I know, but better be bored than crashed.

    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hard to rest when family comes to visit! You mentioned nausea when you take antivirals...have you tried taking something like Rhizanate which is a chewable licorice by Integrative Health? My Lyme Doctor has me take it to coat my stomach lining 15 minutes before taking meds. It helps immensely.
    Hope your resting brings you back to a better level soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've gotta slow down, Sister. Your body is screaming at you to slow way down. It difficult to do, but listen to it or you could make things far worse.

    jenji

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all of you that I need to slow down. I'm not working very hard,at least compared to the old days when I was well. But I am doing way more than ever since I became sick. While I was managing at first, I'm in a push crash cycle now. I seem to be making it through the 2hrs teaching then crashing for a few days afterwards...but only 2 1/2 weeks and I'll be done for the fall. And I like feeling like I have a bit of a life. It's been nice....but I don't want a full relapse either.

    Renee, I was wondering about trying to counteract the side effects somehow as a solution. Thanks, maybe I'll try that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just know this is going to pass soon, UpNorth! I have got my fingers crossed for you that you simply are experiencing what I, and even tons of non-pwc's are going through lately!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete